The OM, or “Orchestra Model” combines a full-scale length with a slightly scaled-down body – it is narrower and shallower than a “D” style guitar like our White Rice or Essential D. The challenge for all OM builders is to allow for a rich, commanding bass in spite of the smaller, more ergonomic body, and our hand-scalloped bracing and torrified select Sitka top allows us to make this a reality.
Atkin’s OM is popular with fingerstyle guitar players, but in truth, it’s a great all-rounder and suits singer-songwriters and folk artists as well.
Atkin departed in several ways from the classic pre-war style: A larger top dome, our lifetime-guaranteed neck/body joint, and a two-way truss rod are among the changes, so this isn’t a historical reproduction, but a modern British-made guitar with heaps of mojo!
Gloss: Our flat high-gloss nitro finish creates a beautiful flat shine that lets the character of the wood and sunburst through. Just like a new “out of the box” pre-war guitar. Model: OM37
- OP:Torrified Sitka Spruce
- BACK & SIDES:East Indian Rosewood (CITES Certified)
- BACKSTRIP:Zipper Style
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS:16-inch
- TRUSS ROD:Two-Way (Soundhole Adjust)
- HEADSTOCK OVERLAY:East Indian Rosewood (Cites Certified)
- LOGO:Atkin Decal
- 1 11/16″ Nut width
- BINDING:Grained Ivoroid
- BRACING:Pre-war scalloped bracing
- LACQUER FINISH:Age toned relic gloss nitrocellulose
- NUT & SADDLE:Bone
- TUNERS:Nickel Gotoh
- SIDE DOT FINGERBOARD MARKERS:White Celluloid
- FRET MARKERS:Mother of Pearl
- CASE:Atkin Oxblood